Sanford, ME, June 7, 2017 - Baker Ruskinn, a global leader in anaerobic and precision low-oxygen culture solutions for microbiology, cell culture applications and air containment, contamination control, and controlled environments solutions, will be exhibiting at the ISSCR Annual Meeting, June 14-17 at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center in Boston, MA. Baker will feature our InvivO2 Physiological Cell Culture Workstation at Booth #440. A powerful physiological cell culture workstation, InvivO2 features three models carefully designed to meet your specific needs with advanced ergonomic design providing excellent hand access and rapid single plate loading deliver precise control of your culture environment.
Baker Ruskinn’s InvivO2 line of Physiological Oxygen Cell Culture Workstations are designed and built to mimic the in vivo physiology of your cell or tissue culture, providing the reassurance of precise results under controlled conditions. The InvivO2 workstation is packed with new, innovative features that allow study even the most complex cell interactions under perfect physiological oxygen conditions. Whether replicating the environment of blood vessels or lung tissue, the InvivO2 is the best tool for the job. Easy to use and adaptable to meet users’ needs, especially for cell culture applications that require carefully controlled oxygen regulation, InvivO2 offers accurate and stable user-defined environmental controls, and direct access to the inner chamber. Among its many innovative and new standard features, InvivO2 now provides the following:
- InvivO2 delivers precise control of the culture environment; all environmental parameters are set using the simple icon driven touchscreen.
- Removable Pop-Off™ front cover allows easy set-up and cleaning.
- Ezeeyin Glove ports fitted with Ezee Sleeves™ allow direct hands-in access to the chamber, without compromising the integrity of the internal environment.
- Internal HEPA filtration delivers unrivaled air cleanliness ratings within the chamber for optimal growth conditions.
In addition to the InvivO2, Baker & Baker Ruskinn feature the following complementary equipment solutions:
- The powerful, new Lumascope 720 (LS720) adds walk-away automation to the many features and high performance of the flagship 3-color LS620. Exquisite XY motion control, motorized focus that allows autofocus and z-stacks, and easy-to-configure software combine to facilitate your microscopy experiments and high content screens. Lumascope’s small size means it is ideal for placing inside an InvivO2 or SCI-tive Workstation offering “in vivo” inverted fluorescence microscopy.
- The SCI-tive range of advanced Physiological Oxygen Workstations has all the user defined environmental controls of InvivO2 but offers a larger user workspace thus accommodating larger analytical instrumentation (e.g. Seahorse, Inverted Microscopes, Luminomenters, etc.)
- The SterilGARD® e3 Biological Safety Cabinet from Baker provides proven air containment and contamination controlled technology that saves energy, increases productivity and improves worker safety.
- Baker's EdgeGARD HF horizontal laminar-flow clean bench provides HEPA-filtered air and proven product protection ideal for a range of laboratory applications. With a patented cabinet design incorporating high-velocity return air slots, EdgeGARD HF provides precise directional control of airflow volumes and velocities, thereby maximizing product protection and ensuring Class 100 air cleanliness for the laboratory.
Improve Cell Adhesion by 25% with a Physiological Oxygen Workstation
Baker’s study provides evidence that the use of a Physiological Oxygen workstation fitted with rubber ferrules on the floor plate and an optional anti-vibration plate reduces vibration by up to 59% over a standard CO2 incubator, improving cell adhesion by more than 25% (p = 0.01). Download the Cell Adhesion White Paper describing how to help improve cell yields and preserve sensitive cell lines.
New Total Cost of Ownership Comparison Tool
Baker is pleased to release a new tool designed to help you understand and compare the total lifetime costs associated with most biosafety cabinets. Baker’s new Biosafety Cabinet Total Cost of Ownership Calculator provides a quick total cost of ownership comparison between Baker’s own Class II, Type A2 Biosafety Cabinet and what you can expect to receive with the average BSC.
The ISSCR Annual Meeting brings together stem cell researchers from around the world to share their work, discuss tools and techniques, and advance stem cell science and regenerative medicine. The many presentations, workshops, and discussions provide opportunities to learn, collaborate, and find inspiration.
The Baker Company has long been identified as an industry pioneer in the field of biological safety with an unparalleled passion for helping its customers advance science, discovery and clinical care. The company was first established back in 1949 in response to a growing need to protect hospital workers from infectious diseases and the dangerous process of drug preparation. As solutions for air containment and contamination control have evolved over the years, The Baker Company has been at the forefront of design and innovation, always believing that there are no shortcuts and that there should be no minimum standards applied to the solutions that they supply. In 2011, the company acquired Ruskinn Technology Ltd., one of the world’s leading suppliers of gas-controlled, anaerobic and modified atmosphere workstations for use in medical microbiology, cell biology, cancer research, molecular medicine and stem cell laboratories.
Follow Baker on Social Media!